Monday, February 20, 2017








"Medusa Olive Oil"
Artist: Thanh Nguyen
 How Magazine, Fall 2016
Art Nouveau Style

This is a package design for the Medusa Olive Oil brand.  I found this design as I was flipping through a magazine.  In a way, it reminded me of the Art Nouveau style we have been discussing in class.  In Medusa's face, flat black shapes are used to create form on her green skin.  The organic lines of the snakes twist and curve throughout the olive plants.  The snakes in Medusa's hair create a frame around her face and up around the sides, keeping your eyes moving throughout the design.  The olives themselves are used as decorative elements in the design, similar to the decorative floral pattern motifs used in Art Nouveau. This is an attractive design on the concept art of Medusa.  I enjoyed how the designer chose to incorporate olives as a part of Medusa's hair in addition to the snakes.  





No comments:

Post a Comment